Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Before & After

I've been sitting at this computer for a better part of two days in an effort to complete the family portraits I took on Sunday night.  I'm slowly gaining more confidence in my own ability [as long as I don't look at any professional photographer pages...that just helps new found confidence plummet rapidly], and am even adventuring into new territory in my editing process.  I thought it might be fun to show a few before and after shots from this past shoot, and a before and after of a friend's [who is a professional photographer, and who's page I stay away from diligently].

Straight off of camera [SOOC]

Edited to remove brother, touched up and brightened.
Already a cute shot SOOC
But looks even better when it's been touched up!

Just a little bit of work, and even some of the worst photos can look pretty decent.  I still have tons to learn, but I have plenty of willing victims to help me figure it out.  Now if I could just get someone to sit down and help me understand Photoshop Elements...

Be on the look out this year!  I have two more family shoots in the upcoming month, a couple birthday parties, and even a labor & deliver to look forward to at the end of the year :).  I'm also hoping to become an assistant for a more established photographer so I can learn better tricks of the trade, although I am still firm in my decision to never become a photographer as a career.  I enjoy having this hobby, but I think that's all it will ever be.

6 comments:

  1. photography is such a wonderful hobby! i find so much joy in photography- if you ever need any help, please contact me and i'd love to teach you what i know! :)

    andrea brionne
    @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look great! I love that you are really going for it and getting lots of practice with all different types of settings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I would give to take photos as well as you do! Your shots are always so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos look great! Have you ever used Adobe Lightroom? I really enjoy using it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heart your blog! Thought you would be interested in the giveaway I'm hosting for Panera Bread & Edward and Sons @ www.domesticsweetheart.com :)

    P.S. I'm a new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great girl, what do you use to edit them?

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.