Saturday, January 21, 2012

So, you're moving to Germany.

I've managed to empty all of the boxes in our house, but actually finding "homes" for everything is taking a while.  The top two floors of our house look amazing, if a tad empty, but the basement...don't go down there.  My craft supplies and random decorations are everywhere.  It will be organized.  One day.

My friend Alyssa brought me these from....somewhere cool.  Nicaragua?  
Not pretty, but it's nice to have our furniture in.  That curtain hanging over the doorway?  Saving us a fortune in heating.
My wedding reception decor has come in handy.
So have the super skinny bookcases I thought I would never be able to do anything with.  Perfect fit!
A minute portion of the craft mess going on in our basement office.
On a side note, this move and everything in relation to it has got me thinking.  As first time PCSers in the military, we really didn't know what to expect.  So, I'm linking another blog with a series of posts full of information for those PCSing to Germany, and even some basics everyone should know about PCSing in general.  Know of anyone in the military who might or will be moving overseas soon?  Please have them contact me.  I would like to make the posts as detailed as possible, and wish to ask other military members what information they would have me include.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. damn, I tried. They are now on display on a living room shelf, and i love them there :)

      Delete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.