Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving, Black Friday & Christmas Market

I unfortunately don't have any Thanksgiving pictures to share; we were invited to a fabulous family's house (same people taking care of the pups) and the food was delicious, the decorations were amazing, the people were friendly, but I just didn't feel comfortable whipping out my camera to take pictures of strangers.  That aside, I'm still full from all the ham and potatoes and pie, and I think we slept a good twelve hours after getting home from the feast.

I honestly never venture out for Black Friday.  I've never desired anything badly enough to brave the crowds or midnight campouts, and would much rather do my Christmas shopping a few days before the holiday instead of a month before.  But yesterday, we were really hoping a GPS would be on sale for us to purchase (German roads and freeways are extremely different from the US) and made our way to the base BX to look for one. Bad idea.  We gathered our collection of maybe six items and waited in line for a good hour before we could checkout.  Blah.









So after dealing with all of that, I went back to our room and drank a cup of hot cocoa.  Makes everything better.  Helps that my adorably ugly mug is nice and big.

Today was the Christmas Market in downtown Kaiserslautern, and I know we will be going back sometime before it closes.  It was wonderful walking about in the chilly weather while looking at Christmas decorations and smelling the wonderful food cooking in the stalls.













No comments:

Post a Comment

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.