Monday, November 14, 2011

Goodbye, Washington

This time tomorrow, I will be arriving in Rochester, Minnesota, after a grueling drive [well, ride...they wouldn't let me drive] and running into the arms of my mom, dad, and brothers.  This time next week, I will be boarding a flight in Baltimore that will take me to Germany.  This time next month, I will be settling into a new home in a new country.  And this time in January, I will be welcoming my sister into our new home when she flies in from Turkey.

Oh. My. Goodness.  My head is spinning.

It's very easy for me to start dreaming about everything that's going to happen, and get caught up in everything that needs to be done.  I've had an amazing break this past 1.5 months, and am taking this thirty-something hour drive to MN to reflect.  I am so thankful to my in-laws for taking me in and making me feel like an immediate part of the family.  Getting to know my SIL and nephew has been amazing, I've learned so much of how to be a better wife from my MIL, and have realized where Timmy learned how to be so compassionate in talking with my FIL.  Best vacation ever.

So thank you to the Anderson family and to Washington for helping me relax and kick back before jumping into our new lives.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.