Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday's Letters

Dear Friday.  It's rainy and dreary, so I've made plans to warm up by spending a coffee date with some friends.  Dear spring break.  You were a much needed vacation from work, school, and commitments in general.  Thanks for letting me take it easy for a couple days!  Dear Amsterdam.  Holy crap, you kicked my butt.  So much walking!  I think I'm still recuperating from late nights, miles of hikes, and gawking at all the beautiful architecture.  Dear Pisa.  You're next!  Can't wait to fly in Monday for a whirlwind trip, taking in your beautiful sites.  I'll admit, though, I'm more excited for Cinque Terre.  Sorry.  Dear work.  Booked for May.  Money in my pocket.  Dear blonde hair.  I don't think you're going to last much longer.  I'm not sure I can be a blonde...probably getting switched back to ginger status this weekend.  You were fun while you lasted though!  Dear PCS season.  You suck.  Everyone decides to leave, which means I have to make new friends.  Lame.  Dear weather.  I know I said it's rainy and gross, but I'm so so so freaking happy that you allowed spring to make an appearance.  Forties?  I'll take it.  Even better, I have 65 and sunny to look forward to on Sunday...which means the girlfriends and I will be having a picnic!  Hooray!  Dear husband.  I apologize for being so pessimistic and needing constant reassurance from you.  This deployment is still taking forever, is still the hardest one yet, but I'm trying my best to back off.  I love you and miss you, and cannot wait until you come home.

1 comment:

  1. It's rainy and icky here too but I'd rather have April showers than crappy snow storms. I love all your travels this past year, look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.