Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In Between

I realized that I had never finished showing off photos from our European road trip in August.  Well...here they are.

Also see: LuxembourgBrusselsAntwerpEindhoven.

In Between

 Emerging after finding an emergency bathroom spot :)
 While driving toward Luxembourg, we spotted a castle in a tiny village.  Stopped to take a peek and it was gorgeous!
 Castle courtyard
 Tiny Belgian town the castle was located in.



 Visiting the Luxembourg Cemetery had me leaking extravagantly.  These brave men gave their lives for our soldiers, and have become my heroes in the process.



 Grave of an unknown soldier. 
 Porta Nigra in Trier, Germany.  Trier was on our way home, so we stopped to walk around a bit before our feet gave out on us.  This is an old Roman construction.
 Dom St. Peter is a Roman styled cathedral in Trier.  It was actually built by Constantine, but added to with Roman and Gothic designs.  I honestly thought this was a castle at first.  We found it fitting to learn that this is the oldest cathedral in Germany, unsurprisingly located in he oldest city in Germany.
 The organ is beautiful!
And that is the end of our road trip through Europe.  We arrived home footsore, eyes strained, and overwhelmed with the fact that we had visited countries, cities, monuments, etc., that had been toured by thousands of others for generations.  I'm so lucky to live in such a location, and to have such a wonderful friend to travel around with on occasion.  Next week, I'll share a couple pictures from our trip to Prague, Czech Republic :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow...that castle is amazing, the gardens are beautiful! The Cathedral is gorgeous too, but Constantine scares me, I did not like him at all when I read about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your travel photos, you have such a gift for capturing your moments.

    Had to stop and dry my eyes before moving on from the cemetery photos. So moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots girl, I especially love the one of the cemetary crosses in a line

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that in Europe you can take a road trip and just happen upon a castle ... there are not castles in the states! haha
    ♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.