I've mentioned it before, but I'm just having such a difficult time finding anything I consider worthwhile to talk about on this blog. I mean, books and photos are great and all, but should they be everything that a website consists of? Probably not. And the ever decreasing number of views, followers, and comments on this tiny page are reinforcing that thought...but how to make a change?
This blog is not my life. If anything comes up, it automatically gets thrown to the side until I have more free time. Between traveling, homecomings, photo sessions, and the daily routine, that means that I have not been the most consistent or most enthusiastic writer in the world. But things are starting to settle down; the husband returned to work this week, which means no more major traveling for quite a while. No more guests coming to visit. No more chaos. And yet – my mind is still blank when it comes to topics to share. So. I need your help.
Blog posts that are sure to stay: Bookish Sundays, Friday's Letters, and Weekend in Pictures.
Gots to go: Let's Talk and The Truth
Possibilities: Participating in a link up mid week, guest posts from sponsors, more in depth "get to know the blogger" posts.
Where do you come in? Well, I'd like to know what you are interested in. What do you expect to read from a military wife stationed in Germany? What would you like to know about me? About the dogs? About my hobbies? About anything?
This may seem a tad ridiculous, but I'm grasping at straws. I love this blog, and love how much it's changed and grown over the past few months, and want to keep it up. So by asking you, and by making a few promises, I think I can stay motivated instead of discouraged by current lack of response. You can laugh...it's okay. I know how silly this all sounds. But in return for your help, I do have a few goals/promises I would like to make:
1. Be a better page to sponsor. If you swap buttons with moi, you'll get shout outs, links to my favorite posts you've made, the opportunity to guest post, etc. This starts NOW.
2. Have the most gigantic humongous over the top give away when I reach 200 followers.
3. After reaching 200 followers, hosting a scavenger hunt link-up with all of you! This thought has been in the works for quite a while, but the more who participate, the more fun it will be. And there will be prizes!
4. Be a better follower to other blogs. I'm horrible at leaving comments, even if I thoroughly enjoyed a post. <–Changing that.
5. Be more receptive to you all!
So, if you're willing to guest post or willing to have me guest post [or exchange guest posts?], have any ideas about topics unique to my life style, have questions, critiques, etc. start emailing/leaving comments!