Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bookish Life

I started the Bookish Sundays series a while ago, and although I have not been completely dedicated to posting a new novel every single week, I feel as though I have done a somewhat decent job.  I love this series because not only am I sharing some favorite [or not so favorite] books with you all, but it challenges me to broaden my horizons and continuously read new novels so I don't run out of material. I don't share all the books I read on a normal basis on Sundays, and some of the ones I review I read years ago and they just stuck with me.  But thinking back on the past six months [can you believe it's already July?!], I realized that I have read tons of books.  Here is a list of novels that kept me entertained or irritated since the new year:

*Note: I honestly can't remember every single book, so this may not be a completely accurate depiction


A Song of Fire and Ice [series] by George R. R. Martin - 5 books [technically, have read them twice since January]
The Circle Series by Ted Dekker - 3 books
Skin by Ted Dekker
Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
The Immortals Series by Alyson Noël - 6 books
Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead - 6 books
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins - 3 books
The Uglies [series] by Scott Westerfield - 3 books
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
The Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels by J.R. Ward - 9 books
The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner - 3 books
Shatter by Elizabeth C. Mock
Render by Elizabeth C. Mock
Seven Realms [series] by Cinda Williams Chima - 3 books
A World Made by Hand by James Howard Kunstler
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
The Broken Spears by Miguel León-Portilla
Micro by Michael Crichton & Richard Preston
Harry Potter [series] by J.K. Rowling - 7 books

A total of 61 books that I can remember.  I do know that there was a James Patterson novel in there somewhere, plus a couple that I disdained so wholeheartedly that I have banned them from memory.  And before you gasp in awe, please realize that a couple of these series/books were written for young adults/teens and are extremely easy reads that you can fly through.  It doesn't help that I'm a speed reader and can finish even the most ridiculous of novels in one to two days.  [I don't have a job.  School's done.  Husband's gone.  I have nothing else to do]

61 books.  6 months.  An average of 10 books a month.  I feel extremely accomplished.  I may be bragging a little [but seriously; 61 books?!], but mostly just to give you an idea of how much of a book worm I am, and how seriously I take Bookish Sundays.  I love reading, and I love sharing my love with others. That's a lot of love.

p.s. Is it sad that my Bookish Sundays are prewritten for the next 6 months?  I'm so tempted to start doing book reviews multiple times a week, but I think that would be overload...

7 comments:

  1. love reading - so excited for these lol

    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list. I too am rather "bookish," although I only wish I had more hours in the day to read, and I love hearing about new recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read your reviews.
    I need to get better about my reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing better than having time to read. I spend my lunch hour reading every day, since I don't get tons of other free time to do it.
    Song of Ice and Fire...LOVE! :) Have you been watchign the show? I think it's really great and I CAN NOT WAIT for season 3 (and 4) because book 3 was my favorite. (And I read they are dedicating 2 season on HBO to it. yay!)
    On another note, I am a (very bad and inconsistent) contributor on a book review site (thereaderscafe.com) and we can always use more reviews/reviewers! IF you wanted to contribute, you can click on the right to contact Amy, she is our fearless leader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a brilliant idea (and i'm impressed at your 61 books in 6 months! I'd be happy to manage 6!) I'm always looking for ideas of what to read, so I will be back eagerly each Sunday to see what you have read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read a few of these, and some seem familiar. Thanks for the recommendations though, I have been looking for new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled across your blog and I love this post! Mainly because 1. I read a LOT and 2. I am a English teacher!

    Looks like we have a lot of the same taste in books and I have actually read a lot of these books over the last 6 months as well!

    I LOVED the Hunger Games (I read this over a year ago before Hunger Games was "HUNGER GAMES" AKA before it was cool! Ha)

    I loved Tuesdays with Morrie (Have you read his other books? He also wrote The Five People You Meet in Heaven)

    I love Harry Potter

    I just started reading The Uglies and I am obsessed already! I can't wait to read the other ones!

    Divergent & Insurgent were great as well... If you like her books, you should check out the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.