Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Productive Days

Along with finally starting to plan our reception, I have also decided to pick up an old hobby: crocheting.  I have never been very good, nor have I ever made anything worth much while (except for a couple beanies, my pride and joys), but I feel that now is the perfect time to expand my talent.  So I took a trip to a local craft store this past weekend, and gathered some yarn and needles to start me on my adventure.  I took a couple hours refreshing myself on what exactly crocheting is, and was definitely happy with my shapeless product!
After familiarizing myself again, I went to my favorite online shop, and downloaded a pattern for a baby blanket!  My dear friend, Shanna, is having her third boy in July, and I have decided that this little boy will have the coolest baby blanket in the world.  Here is what it will look like when I finally finish (just substitute the girly colors for more appropriate ones):
It will be a challenge, but something to look forward to and keep me occupied during these rainy days.  If you'd like to check out the pattern yourself, do so here.  Between this, planning the reception, and making quite a few of the decorations myself, I think I might actually have something to do other than play with the pups!  They may not enjoy this, but I am definitely looking forward to occupying my time once again.  Who knows?  Maybe this can even end up being a small business for me.  I'll probably just stick to gift giving, but there's always a possibility.
Off to bed with me.  I've finally relented and will let the dogs go play in the mud tomorrow since they've been stuck in the house for so long.  It will mean lots and lots of cleaning, plus bathing them (always a chore!).

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you knew how to crochet. I have to say I'm jealous, this is an activity I would love to learn how to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Know" might be pushing it a bit...I can handle the basics. It took me about an hour on the computer trying to interpret the pattern I bought, and I'm still learning a lot of the stitches. But if you want help with beginner stuff, I am more than happy to lend you a hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be awesome. I was going to have my grandmother teach me at one point but she got sick and passed away before I could make that happen.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.