Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday's Letters

Dear Friday.  You kind of showed up abruptly this week.  I had all these things planned, lists to be completed, to-dos to be done...none of it happened.  Oops.  Dear Husband.  I think we're officially within the one month mark of you coming home to me (plus or minus a few days).  As much as I'd like to say that this deployment flew by, it really didn't.  Your homecoming has been long awaited.  Dear summer.  I thought I'd be bored without a job for the couple months until DH came home, but I have been gladly mistaken.  Lots of puppy walks, time spent with friends, photo sessions, shopping days...I've enjoyed this time off so far.  Dear Russian girls.  I made an impromptu offer to host you young ladies for a few weeks this summer, and have since gone back and forth between whether or not it was the right decision.  I'm still extremely terrified, but I also can't wait!  One more week until you arrive, and we spin into a whirlwind of trips, activities, games, and sign language since we won't be able to understand each other.  I wish I had more experience with children, but I'm sure I can handle a couple 11 year olds...right?!  Dear upcoming wedding session.  I'm more confident in my ability to keep two children alive than I am to capture a wedding.  So much pressure!  Thanks for your faith in my abilities, but are you two sure you don't want to back out for someone more experienced?  Dear self.  Weight loss goals have been met, but not exactly in the way you planned.  You never once turned on your super cool interactive Xbox games designed to shed those pounds, and instead relied on dog walks and smaller meals.  It worked, but I still call you lazy.  Time to make a life change...starting NOW.

1 comment:

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.