Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Guest Post from Sarah

Sarah is participating in the Swap Buddies idea that I promote.  I am so grateful that she was willing to do a quick introductory post so all of you are able to see just how awesome she is!  Without further ado...





Hey there – my name is Sarah and I blog over at A Cat-Like Curiosity.  I am excited to be button swapping and guest posting with English at Be Freckled – I can’t wait to see her guest post for me!!

She has asked me to introduce myself to you guys a little – to give you a flavour of who I am and what I blog about, so here goes. 
I am a keen artist and enjoy creating things. I like to try my hand at DIY posts on my blog and recently won a Craft Challenge over on CraftyMinx. My winning entry was this one – DIY Sparkle Shoes.
I have also been taking part in this month’s Sketchbook Challenge. The theme is Open – check out my possible entries here.
A regular feature on my blog is my Monday Mantras Series, which I also made into an EBook and Pocket Cards for my Etsy Store. I also have a regular round up of all things Etsy every Friday – showcasing other talented people’s wonderful products. Some majorly amazing things to buy there.
I blog about lots of things really – I am currently trying to lose more weight and to get fit and I blog about my adventures with training schedules, P90X and Zumba here. I also blog about money, inspirational courses and programmes run by other amazing people on the web; and about the Teachings of The Secret. In fact, that was how I began my blogging adventure in the first place – writing about The Secret.
I guess the main focus of my blog no matter what I am blogging about is living a better life. Achieving more, enjoying more, seeing more and being happy. That is what I am really all about. I work in education full time and fit my blogging, Etsy store and writing in around that.  I would love to be able to earn my main living from the creative things I do and I guess that really is my long term goal – to be able to leave behind the idea of a day job and make my passions into my day job.
I have quite a busy and active life as a result of all of these different roles I am juggling but it is a happy one. I like the feeling of fulfilment I get from doing all of these different things. 
I am keen to explore new ways to help me be my best and achieve the things I want to achieve. I started off my blogging journey and indeed my self improvement journey reading The Secret and trying to apply that mindset to my life. I’d say that this thirst to do more and achieve more has been a by-product of getting involved with these theories and of engaging with lots of projects over the past 4 years. Before that I was very much stuck in a rut and felt that nothing could be changed. Nothing would change. It feels much better to now know that I can change whatever I want. All I have to do is to want it, visualise it, work towards it and it will be mine. (Cue evil genius laugh here). 
So – what are my main goals at the moment? Here they are in a nutshell:
  • Keep training and get to my goal weight.
  • Continue to work on and make a success of my blog and Etsy store.
  • Make a success of my Debt-Free ASAP plan.
  • Complete my novel “Snapshots of  Sophie” and submit it to agents.
  • Crochet blankets for my house.
  • Learn to produce better digital art work on my new tablet.
I feel as though I am on track to achieve these goals. The top four are my core goals I think. The others are more projects/hobbies to keep my creative juices flowing!
When I do give myself some down time I enjoy cuddling with MHI (My Handsome Irishman), watching Game of Thrones or any kind of CSI style show. I also enjoy crocheting and am currently making a gigantic throw for our sofa.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little peek into my blog and my world. Feel free to head on over and say hello.
Many Thanks to English for letting me introduce myself to you guys.


xo


2 comments:

  1. Hello There,

    My name is Michelle and I'm a professional blogger.

    I have over three years of experience writing for the web and have covered plenty of topics about Technology.

    I noticed that you have a blog and was wondering if you would be interested in allow me to write relevant, useful topics about Technology related on your blog at no cost.

    At this point in my writing career, I simply want to get more visibility for your writing and I will write for free as long as you are okay with me adding a small author bio section next to each blog post about myself.

    Please let me know if you're interested and if you'd like for me to submit a sample blog post for your approval.

    Thanks a bunch,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.